Red Ribbon Week is October 26-30th.
This week students and staff at B-UMS focus on drug awareness and prevention for our youth.
County Theme: Respect Yourself, Be Drug Free!
Buckhannon Upshur Middle School students will receive information, observe presentations and participate in various activities throughout “Red Ribbon Week”.
Activities, Presentations and Events
• “Red Ribbon Week” Banner Displayed in front of school
• Students receive Red Ribbons and Theme Imprinted Pencils
• I "Can", You "Can", We "Can" Be Drug Free Canned Food Drive
• Advisory "Drug Free" Lessons
• Student Created Public Service Announcements
• I Respect Myself Drug Free, Essay Contest
• Race Out Drugs - Sack Race
• Rock Out Drugs - Recess Line Dancing
• Healthy Choices Fair (RAZE, Student Council, Rachel's Challenge, and guest tables)
• Monday, October 26th: “Respect Yourself, Be Drug Free” - Wear Red and Kick Off “Red Ribbon Week”
• Tuesday, October 27th:“Sock It To Drugs” - Wear Crazy Socks
• Wednesday, October 28th: “My Future Is Bright, Without Drugs” - Wear Bright Colors
• Thursday, October 29th: “Team Up Against Drugs” – Wear Favorite Team Shirt
• Friday, October 30th:“Say Booo To Drugs” – Wear Black, Orange or Halloween Shirt
B-UMS student representatives will attend Proclamation Reading at City Council and County Commission Meetings.
Write-Up Submitted by Cathy McCauley, Counselor at B-UMS and Renee Warner, Principal at B-UMS